Apply to the Master's of Science Program
Thursday, February 1, 2024
at 11:59 p.m. MST
Read requirements below and apply at link at end of the page
Graduate Admissions Workshops:
- 10/21 at 10am for A Guide through the Admissions Process
- 11/4 at 10am Written Application Workshop
Click here to register to attend either via Zoom or in person.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
- Completion of at least 12 credits in speech and hearing sciences or communication sciences/ disorders
- See non-degree/leveling options if you do not meet this requirement
- Earned a Bachelor’s Degree (in any area)
- 3.4 GPA or higher in speech and hearing sciences or communication sciences disorders courses
- If you have repeated courses we replace up to 12 credits with the higher grade
- THE GRE IS NOT REQUIRED TO APPLY
- Two letters of recommendation
- Written application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- On the UNM graduate application site, upload unofficial transcripts from all colleges or universities where you took speech and hearing sciences or communication sciences disorders course work. Transcripts must include final grades for the Fall semester immediately prior to the February 1 deadline
- Official transcripts
- Mail official transcripts in SEALED envelope to UNM Office of Admissions, PO Box 4895, Albuquerque, NM 87196-4895 OR If your institution allows you to directly send official transcripts electronically, email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must include final grades for the Fall semester immediately prior to the February 1 deadline
Additional requirements for financial supports
- Complete the following if you will be applying for scholarships, graduate/research assistantships, or other funding. You cannot be considered for financial aid without completing these.
Navigating the Graduate Application Site
- Download detailed application instructions
Notification of acceptance date: TBD.
Who to contact with Questions:
- SHS-Admin@unm.edu with questions about admissions requirements, the content of your application or questions on whether application materials have been received
- For technical/system difficulties: use the “Technical Support” link at the bottom of the UNM Graduate application site